We are pleased to inform you that Melvit S.A. passed positively certification in the processing, distribution and export of organic products and import of raw materials for the needs of organic processing
We joined the group of companies who care and promote sustainable production and consumption of organic food.
Certification of food at the stage of agricultural production, processing and distribution reassures consumers that food products labeled with the European organic food logo, so called “Euroleaf,” available on the market, have been produced in accordance with the rules of organic farming, ie.
–COUNCIL REGULATION (EC) No 834/2007 of June 28TH, 2007. On organic production and labeling of organic products and repealing Regulation (EEC) No 2092/91, as amended.,
-COMMISSION REGULATION (EC) No 889/2008 of September 5TH, 2008. Laying down detailed rules for the implementation of Council Regulation (EC) No 834/2007 on organic production and labeling of organic products with regard to organic production, labeling and control, as amended.
– ACT of December 5TH, 2014 on organic farming, and legal provisions regulating the food industry.
Our plant had to meet strict conditions during the certification audit, where huge pressure was placed on:
• origin of raw materials – raw materials used in the organic production process must have valid certificates of compliance with the requirements of organic farming
• machinery – in production technology it is prohibited: Product irradiation with ionizing radiation, the use of GMO products and their derivatives, chemical processing of food products, food preparation from isolated food ingredients
• lack of use of additional substances
• the condition of storage infrastructure – in storage, care should be taken to eliminate the risk of contamination of organic products
• forms of product packaging – the manner of closing the packaging must clearly indicate that no opening or any interference in the contents has been made,
• distribution – transport must take place only in marked and closed packages and transport units
Each stage of ecological production in our plant is properly supervised, including by keeping a record of the current flow of organic products with the possibility to determinate (at each stage) the raw material supplier
Taking care of the best quality of our products, getting more certificates, we not only respond to the growing demand for organic products but also try to act in the public interest, contributing to conscious consumer choices, which in turn also affects the balance of activities in our natural environment